September 23 - 24, 2023 See More Dates
0800 - 1600 Each Day | Add to CalendarENROLL NOW
April 23 - 24, 2023
May 14 - 15, 2023
June 18 - 19, 2023
July 16 - 17, 2023
August 20 - 21, 2023
September 23 - 24, 2023
The Whittington U’s Defensive Pistol II Course is the Intermediate to Advanced Level of Defensive Sidearm instruction that focuses on the cognitive disconnect that occurs when the mind is under emotional duress.
Advanced movement drills and alternate firing positions are the highlight of this course.
The WU Defensive Pistol series focuses on Violence as a Means of Last Resort with the defense of ourselves and our loved ones as part of an overall lifestyle change.
- Static Fire/Body Position Refresher Drills
- Individual Movement/Principles of Cover (PoC) Drills on Reactive Fire Range
- Alternate Firing Positions (AFP)
- Advanced Movement Drills
- Planes Drills
- Free Movement Drill (FMD)
- This is a progressive curriculum. We require students to take the courses in succession: Defensive Pistol I - Defensive Pistol II - Defensive Pistol III - Defensive Pistol Masters
- Course participants may also purchase an ammunition package with the appropriate round count. (Call to check availability of Ammunition Packages)
- AMMUNITION PACKAGE IS RESTRICTED TO ONE PER PERSON PER COURSE
- If you would like to register more than one person for this course please add it to your cart as two separate items.
Every guest must read and sign the online Waiver before they are allowed into the center.
Defensive Pistol II Course Requirements
What you will need (packing list is for each course):
Defensive Pistol II Daily Schedule (subject to change)
This example schedule of what to expect is subject to change.
0900-1030 - Static Fire/Body Position Review
1030-1200 – Individual Movement Drills/Principles of Cover (multiple drills)
1200-1245 – Lunch
1300-1500 – Individual Movement Drills/Principles (multiple drills)
1500-1700 – Free Movement Drill
0900-1100 – Alternate Firing Positions
1100-1200 – AFP Movement/Principles of Cover
1200-1245 – Lunch
1300-1400 – AFP Planes Drill
1400-1600 – AFP Free Movement Drill
1600-1630 – Final Lecture
A Pro Shop is located at the Whittington Center and stocks everything you need for Whittington U courses. Ammunition packages are available. See course requirements for details.
You can rent a pistol or semi-auto rifle for a Defensive Academy course.
Avoid The Line! Speed up your check-in!
Before arriving, every guest must read and sign the online NRA Whittington Center Waiver.
This course is the Advanced Level Defensive Sidearm instruction that focuses on Lowlight/No-light engagements, while employing a strong fundamental interaction with the firearm, and flashlight, along with Principles of Cover.
This is a Masters level course that focuses on potential engagements that can occur during periods of darkness.
This Master Level course focuses on the everyday situations that can occur, and assessing the risks involved, to enable the best course of action in a defensive engagement.
Located near beautiful Raton, New Mexico, the NRA Whittington Center is home to the nation’s premier hunting, shooting, and outdoor recreation facility. The NRA Whittington Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and relies on the generous contributions of donors who want to preserve our heritage of freedom for the next generation of shooters and hunters.